A kit? Is anybody offering one?

Is there a source to purchase a kit all from one place? I have been looking and it seems like I will have to purchase the parts from several sources.

not that i’m aware of … the display and board are from different vendors, plus the sd card quality can change a lot in terms of speed for the software and price for a kit …

Well you’d only need a pi zero and an eink screen, so I dunno if making a kit is really worth it. It’s just easier to order both from the same website if you want.

I have been looking online about pwnagotchi quite a bit and i havent found anything related to kits, buying the parts seperately is not really a big deal, since you can run the rpi0w without a screen until you get it. Like i am currently running a rpi0w with no screen and a case made out of lego, because my case and screen arrive next week.

it might be worth having a topic with all the places people can buy the hardware parts from

1 Like

Like resellers? From which you can directly buy all the parts without going through the pain of ordering from china and waiting 3-6 weeks?

anything, from amazon for all the online shops that (we) users used to buy parts and successfully got what we expected … it might be useful also to track shops that sell newer version of the displays (like the waveshare v2)

1 Like

Currently i have been using amazon and ebay for parts, ninjaprototype for my case printing
All parts from confirmed resellers or directly from the companies

1 Like

Most of the time people wont want to pay for a “kit” per say because its going to have to be more expensive that buying the parts yourself. Also people are impatient and want amazon style delivery.

4 Likes

It depends on what your target is. If you are considering educational a kit wouldn’t be a bad idea. However, maybe a vendor would be willing to offer it.

I’ll make you one if u want?

I bought the raspberry pi from thepihut very good price and fast delivery, the waveshare screen directly from the producer, 2weeks waiting and tracking not really working lol

it will take a few days for the tracking to update

If you order from Adafruit or Seeed - you can get the rPi Zero W for $10 - limit one per customer. You also need the display and 2x20 male header, and perhaps a simple case. You can get everything you need from them. If you wait for the Adafruit Ask An Engineer event, you can get 10% off as well (watch their twitter feed for info). With Adafruit, I usually ask for first-class mail shipping (the cheapest) and it usually comes very quickly for me in the Northeast. They ship from NYC and the 10% discount usually pays for the shipping.

1 Like

do they also have waveshare v2 displays?

I used waveshare as a search term and didn’t find anything.
:disappointed:
I do see several PaPiRus and Pimoroni displays.

I had multiple people asking the same thing:

This is the “kit” with everything you need to start:

• 250x122, 2.13inch E-Ink display HAT for Raspberry Pi - Sold by: Waveshare.com - SKU 12915
  • Raspberry Pi Zero WH - Sold by: Waveshare.com - SKU 14298
  • 8Gb micro SD Class 10 - Sold by: Amazon.com (I prefer Sandisk)
  • Anker Powerline+ Micro USB (3ft) - Sold by: Amazon.com
    Optional:
  • Power Bank 20000mah - Sold by: Amazon.com
  • Plastic casing - Sold by: Various

Total costs (excl shipping): around 60 USD (100 USD if you include the powerbank and shipping costs)

EDIT: Note, I put the “powerline+” and not the standard powerline cable, since crappy china cables don’t work that well…
EDIT 2: You can also work with https://www.waveshare.com/Raspberry-Pi-Zero-WH-Package-B.htm but that did increase the price too much for me.

Here’s one, looks like it comes pretty complete for $100