Going off the trend of my last post, any recommended soldering equipment?

Planning on making 2 slims, need soldering gear, any recommendations for someone with moderate experience on somewhat of a budget?

TS100 ftw <3

3 Likes

Seems pretty good, need to do some research too, thanks for the recommendation <3

Some more questions, what do you think about the TS80, also which tip do you like the most?

I don’t have a TS80 so idk, the USB-C thing is quite useful but it’s a different size i think. My fav tip is the PR BC2

1 Like
1 Like

Found someone selling an original kit on amazon with that tip, gonna keep this in mind. Will need to get my solder wick, solder and flux too

1 Like

Also if i go for the ts100 im guessing the custom firmware is the way to go, atleast from what i remember reading the general chat in slack like a week ago

Weller wesd51 is what I’m using.

2 Likes

+1 on Weller. I’ve had a WES51 for years.

2 Likes

Looks good, the ts-100 fits my budget and needs better though, thank you for the recommendations.

2 Likes

One of those could come in handy for my work laptop bag. I end up needing a soldering iron maybe once or twice a year. Usually I take whatever piece of equipment home, fix it, then take it back the next day.

2 Likes

one of the best things about the ts100 and ts80, other than the quality for a cheap price, is their portability

1 Like

+1 on the ts-100. small and if you break it down its ultra compact. makes it thru TSA no problem.

2 Likes