Greetings from Michigan

I have always dabbled in this or that. My main career was a truck mechanic. I have 3 kids, one dog, one cat. Being a truck mechanic gave me the opportunity to realize that I enjoy, and am good at playing with electricity. I have been war driving for a few years. Infosec has always been a passion.

Totally love the Pwnagotchi and the conversations I have had because of it. I have always been a huge nerd. Been playing with Linux for a few years. I may have 4 pwnies sitting around with various hardware.

2 Likes

Wow I always had a huge respect for people who know about engines and mechanics in general :smiley: welcome in! :smiley:

Hi MrTofu :smiley: Is there a story behind that name? xD

You wouldn’t be surprised to learn that everything requires a computer now. There are several controllers all over that truck that all communicate together. I plan on ordering an SDR at some point. With the increase of telematics being installed I am totally curious at how ‘secure’ some of these things are.

1 Like

It’s something I came up with years ago late at night when making my second Everquest character. For some reason it has stuck.

I have never tried tofu, nor do I want to.

1 Like

ooo i hope you won’t forget to share your findings :smiley: curious

Well, sometimes the name doesnt reflect our character. E.g. I think evilsocket is neither THAT evil, nor a socket xD

1 Like

I would never think on keeping anything to myself!

1 Like

I got my name from my oldest brother :smiley: , it just stuck i guess, have been using this username for many years now.

not THAT evil :smiley:

2 Likes

Not evil, other than creating skynet :smiley:

1 Like

It’s the CUTEST!

That was his plan all along, get people to build skynet with cute ai that takes over the world

the most dangerous ones are the ones you don’t see coming :smiley:

2 Likes

Hey, Mr.Tofu. I 'm from Westland, but live in cologne now.

I plan on ordering an SDR at some point.

They’re really fun for the cost. I recently finally pulled out my RTL-SDR and got it working on a Pi Zero running Kali. There’s something really fun about receiving ADS-B broadcasts from aircraft around you using dump1090. Heck, I even learned that our local LE has a fixed wing aircraft that spends much of its time loitering around my area! Come to find out many ADS-B flight tracking sites online apparently self censor LE callsigns…

1 Like

ever played with GSM or LTE? :speak_no_evil:

Not yet… Looks like I’ve got some fun ahead this weekend! :smiley:

1 Like

oooh yeah :smiley: just one thing: FCC can be a bitch

I’m more concerned about ACMA. :wink:

1 Like