- ensure bluetooth tethering is turned on , on your phone. “Settings: bluetooth OR more”
- enable bluetooth discovery on phone
- ssh into pwnagotchi and find your mac address for your phone
$ sudo bluetoothctl $ scan on ...... [CHG] Device F4:A3:KF:E3:CE:9E Nexus 5
we care about F4:A3:KF:E3:CE:9E
main: plugins: bt-tether: enabled: true # if you want to use this, set ui.display.video.address to 0.0.0.0 devices: nexus5: enabled: true search_order: 1 mac: F4:A3:KF:E3:CE:9E # mac of your bluetooth device ip: '192.168.44.45' # ip from which your pwnagotchi should be reachable netmask: 24 interval: 1 # check every x minutes for device scantime: 15 priority: 99 max_tries: 0 share_internet: true
- back on the pwnagotchi lets pair. Have your phonew bluetooth settings open cause it will ask their too.
$ sudo bluetoothctl pair F4:A3:KF:E3:CE:9E ...(pair) yes/no $ yes # here your phone will ask if you want to pair with some code ... say yes on phone and yes in terminal $ trust F4:A3:KF:E3:CE:9E $ trust F4:A3:KF:E3:CE:9E # yes i run it twice because i dunno double trusting is better than single right?
- add bnep0-cfg . i like to do this so i know what device has what IP. this makes my life easier with multiple devices on bluetooth
create the file
#bnep0-cfg allow-hotplug bnep0 iface bnep0 inet static address 192.168.44.45 netmask 255.255.255.0 network 192.168.44.0 broadcast 192.168.44.255 gateway 192.168.44.1 metric 50
- hardware restart the pwnagotchi
$ sudo reboot